Gabriela POPESCU Senior Associate
Gabriela POPESCU offers legal advice on all company law issues, with a 14-year specialization in operations related to share capital and recapitalization of companies, capital increase, reorganization and related transactions (mergers, transfer of assets etc.), as well as incorporation/ suspension / dissolution of companies, groups, subsidiaries or branches of foreign companies.
She often intervenes in the area of nonprofit organizations, by setting up associations and foundations, but also ensuring a legal supervision of their operations in order to comply with the legal obligations.
Gabriela Popescu also handles consumer protection, intellectual property & trademarks related issues (drafting, review of related contractual clauses, conformity assessment, legal representation before the competent authorities).
To see beyond the legal framework and deliver a strategic solution that is valuable for your client’s business, this is the real challenge for a business lawyer.
- Providing legal advice, as member of the team of lawyers assisting an international fashion retailer acting in the field of retail sale of clothing in specialized stores in developing their network in Romania, legal assistance provision in the day-to-day activity of the company (company law, contracts, consumer protection, labelling);
- Providing legal advice for different companies in connection with national and international trademarks and ensuring compliance with the local legislation;
- Member of the team of lawyers that provided legal assistance to one of the largest companies in the energy field during the process of development of several wind parks in Romania;
- Proving legal advice on corporate law matters, contracts and purchase procedures while setting up a joint-venture between a world leader on the oil and gas market and a Romanian company; providing legal advice in the day-to-day activity of the local company;
- Member of the legal team that provided legal assistance to one of the largest players in the international oil market in the context of a broad reorganization process of the group by means of merger of companies and sale of assets and equity interests;
- Providing legal advice to some of the most important players on the international IT market in relation with setting up in Romania and management of the day-to-day legal matters ;
- Drawing up and negotiating different types of contracts such as: service provision, sale-purchase, licence etc. for clients operating in different fields ;
- Member of the legal team in charge of drawing up a due diligence report for one of the major players on the French guard and security market.